JOIN OUR TEAM!
Why apply for a teaching position at CaPAA?
1) Join an incredible team of experienced and dedicated teaching artists.
2) Receive competitive hourly teaching rate.
3) Comfortable teaching studio space and performance venue available for studio recitals (400+ seat theater).
4) Private teachers set their own weekly and weekend schedule.
5) CaPAA handles all of the lesson administration, billing and customer service so you can dedicate your energy to teaching.
5) CaPAA assists with marketing of new students and classes.
7) Experienced accompanist provided for all studio and student recitals.
Day Camp Theater Instructor/ Stage Director
The Creative and Performing Arts Academy of NEPA in Scranton PA (CaPAA of NEPA) is
seeking highly motivated, passionate and creative theater arts instructor and stage director to work primarily with our Playhouse division- PK-4th grade. The 2018 camp season runs from June 18-Aug 18 in 2 week sessions. Hours are 8:30am-4:30pm with some evening and weekend hours due to added performances. Availability for all 4 two-week sessions is preferred although not mandatory.
- High energy and a love for children.
- Experience teaching theatre arts and stage directing to children PK-4th grade.
- The ability to communicate verbally to individuals and small groups.
- Create a safe environment in which all campers; regardless of age or physical abilities can have a positive camp experience.
- Can safely lift and move 40-50 pounds.
- Bachelor or Arts Degree in Theater or Elementary education.
- Previous summer camp experience.
- Submit all current background checks 30 days prior to camp- Child Abuse Checks, Federal and State Criminal Background Checks,
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings/Staff developments/trainings prior to camp.
- Maintain a friendly, helpful atmosphere.
- Arrive prepared and ready to work.
- Act as a positive self-confident role model for our CaPAA kids.
- Know and follow all CaPAA emergency procedures.
Send cover letter and resume to Sheri Melcher, email@example.com
Voice and Piano Instructor
CaPAA is looking for additional VOICE and PIANO TEACHERS starting in June and/or September of 2017. Looking for teachers who are experienced teaching young children, teens and adults. Flexible Hours (during the week in the after school hours and/or on the weekends). Voice instructor should be well versed in multiple styles including musical theater, contemporary, and classical music. Music degree required.
DAYTIME PROGRAMMING IDEAS/ TEACHERS NEEDED!
CaPAA is looking to offer a variety of DAYTIME PROGRAMMING for PRESCHOOL kids, HOMESCHOOL students and SENIORS. All ideas are welcome! Are you a teacher/ instructor who is looking for a perfect home for your class, seminar or course? Do you have an AWESOME IDEA for a class or KNOW SOMEONE who would be a PERFECT FIT? Contact us! We have a variety of unique spaces available and eager to offer day-time activities for the community!
Directors needed to work on a variety of projects this season. Experience working with children is a must (PK-5th grade)
KIDZ CREATE TEACHERS– Theater, Music, Dance, Art
CaPAA is looking to create a new series of daytime, after school and weekend classes for preschool and early ed starting in Sept. These Kidz Create classes will offer a fun mix of music, theater games, movement and art. We are looking for experienced lead teachers and college interns whose major is either in early education or music/ art/ theater education to assist. The ideal candidate is one who has experience with and is particularly fond of working with very young children and/or is looking to pursue a career in early education and/or arts education.
STAGE MANAGER The Creative and Performing Arts Academy of NEPA is looking for an experienced STAGE MANAGER for next season’s productions.
Summer Camp 2018 Teachers– June through August (2 weeks sessions or all 9 weeks).
Theatre, Music, Dance, Visual Arts
Camp day runs 9am-4pm with some additional evening/ weekend responsibilities. Regular staff and substitutes needed.
All interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Sheri Melcher, CaPAA Director at firstname.lastname@example.org/ 484-802-2575.